Reporting to the Regional Director, the Practice Manager is responsible for directing, supervising and coordinating the overall operations of the medical practice. Partners with the Regional Director and physician(s) to establish practice goals: financial, quality and patient satisfaction. Monitors goals regularly to ensure practice is profitable, efficient and providing quality care. Accountable for goals and objectives related to population health management. Works collaboratively with other Practice Managers in assigned area to function as one group practice. Manage process improvement initiatives.
- Establishes work procedures and standards to improve efficiency and effectiveness in the office.
- Assists Regional Director and physician(s) to develop and implement long range plans.
- Manages office operations to maximize patient access, patient satisfaction, and collection of payments.
- Coordinates staff and provider schedules to ensure proper coverage for quality patient care.
- Manages human resources – hiring, on-boarding, coaching and evaluating. Seeks to create a team environment.
- Reconciles and investigates patient complaints.
- Manages, leads, and participates in process improvement initiatives.
- Ensures practice compliance with ProHealth policies, procedures and programs.
- Actively participates in practice, regional and organizational meetings.
BA/BS degree in health care administration, business or related field required
3 to 5 years medical practice management experience required
Strong oral and written communication skills
Highly proficient in Microsoft Office
Experience with electronic health record, medical terminology, coding and billing
Knowledge of population health management desirable
Demonstrated business and analytical/financial skills
Knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma process improvement tools and techniques
Communication –Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with internal and external customers both verbally and in writing. Demonstrate negotiation/facilitation skills and sensitivity to others’ needs and concerns.
- Relationship Management – Ability to establish and maintain constructive interactions with individuals and groups.
- Leadership – Ability to inspire individuals, to create and maintain a shared vision, and successfully manage change. Foster teamwork. Model collaboration. Support innovation and creativity. Champion new initiatives.
- Professionalism – Ability to align personal and organizational conduct with ethical and professional standards that include responsibility to the patient; ability to provide a customer service focus.
- Results oriented – Focuses on achieving quality and financial outcomes in a responsive, timely manner.
- Decisive – Demonstrates good judgment in making decisions based on facts.
- Business Skills and Knowledge – Ability to apply business principles including financial management, human resource management, strategic planning, information management, and quality improvement. Systematic and logical approach to problem-solving and decision-making. Ability to collect and analyze data. Demonstrated project management skills.
- Process Improvement Skills – Supports continuous quality improvement opportunities.
- Self-Directed Problem Solver
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.