ProHealth Physicians Imaging has an immediate opening for a friendly, customer focused and detailed oriented Echocardiographer to join our team. This is a part time (16-20 hour) position to cover the following sites: Meriden Imaging Center, Waterbury, and Danbury region.
Support the Imaging team and its patients by providing quality echocardiography services by following established standards and practices. Provide superior patient care while ensuring all exams meet the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission guidelines specific to Echocardiography. The candidate must have sound knowledge of cardiac ultrasound techniques and patient positioning for patients’ aged sixteen years and older. Possess strong communication skills with patients, staff, and Cardiologists. The candidate must be able to work independently in a fast paced environment.
Primary Responsibilities and Desired Behaviors:
• Demonstrate respect for patients and ProHealth staff by presenting a friendly, courteous manner at all times and maintaining patient confidentiality.
• Provide attention to patients in a manner that builds confidence, trust and loyalty.
• Act as a member of the care team, including preparing patients for their ultrasound exam by collecting and recording(as applicable):
– Height and weight
-Chief complaint and history
• Review all patient orders for appropriate demographics, relevant information and meets the standard of “medical necessity”.
• Triage patients according to approved protocols and consistent with ProHealth’s Appointment and Scheduling Guidelines.
• Conduct patient clinical assessment and perform the diagnostic medical sonography examination ordered in accordance with professional and facility protocols.
• Apply independent, professional, ethical judgment, and critical thinking to safely and thoroughly perform diagnostic sonography exams.
• Apply independent judgement during the exam to ensure that appropriate anatomical, pathological and clinical conditions are accurately captured in the examination images.
• Document pertinent patient information for our Radiologists.
• As necessary, acquire additional ultrasound imaging to facilitate optimum diagnosis results for the Cardiologist.
• Create and review your daily patient log for productivity and billing purposes.
• Use the CoActiv Picture Archive & Communication system (PACS) for reviewing images and reports.
• Review all of the Imaging reports for accuracy and contact the Radiology group for any necessary addendums.
• Order supplies and maintain appropriate records.
• Prepare and maintain equipment to follow our quality maintenance program. Follow ProHealth Physicians Imaging QI policies which include our report timeliness and completeness, productivity reporting, patient satisfaction surveys, and record keeping policies.
• Maintain knowledge of current coding, OSHA, ACR, HIPAA and IAC regulations and ProHealth policies.
• Assist care team to assure smooth office operation and delivery of excellent service through teamwork.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Professional education completion at an accredited educational program for Echocardiography.
• Experience in adult transthoracic echocardiography is required.
• Experience in adult stress echo is preferred.
• Dual registered candidate with diagnostic and cardiac imaging certification and experience is preferred.
• Current sonography certification by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS), American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT), and or Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI).
• Must demonstrate commitment to professional growth and lifelong learning by completing required continuing medical education, research and training, etc…
• Experience is preferred. Basic computer knowledge and aptitude required; experience working on an electronic health record preferred.
Careers with ProHealth Physicians: PHP is Connecticut’s leading primary care physician organization. Our family of primary care doctors and specialists care for more than 360,000 people statewide. We are privileged to be trusted by our patients with their health and wellbeing. We’ve joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to improve the lives of all those we serve. We dedicate ourselves to outstanding care and excellent service. We support research and education that improves the health of our patients. We are open to new ideas, and we are committed to improving our skills and knowledge
To be considered for this position, applicants need to meet the qualifications listed in this posting.
ProHealth Physicians is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: ProHealth Physicians is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.