ProHealth Physicians of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine in Wallingford has an immediate Per Diem opening for a friendly, customer focused and detail oriented LPN to join our team. This Per Diem nurse position would primarily support the Wallingford practice in addition to some of our fellow pediatric practices. Hours could range from 8:30-5:00, 11-7:00pm; Saturday and/or Sunday 9-12pm. Hourly rate commensurate with experience. If you are interested in the position or would like additional information, please email Cheri Barrett at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support the care team and its patients by providing and documenting nursing care following established
standards and practices. Provide patient care and education and assist in locating and coordinating services from other providers and resources. Serve as liaison between patients, staff and providers. Document all patient interactions and other clinical activities accurately and in a timely manner in the
electronic health record (EHR).
Primary Responsibilities and Desired Behaviors:
- Demonstrate respect for patients and ProHealth staff by presenting a friendly, courteous manner at all times and maintaining patient confidentiality.
- Provide attention to patients in a manner that builds confidence, trust and loyalty.
- Act as a member of the care team, including preparing patients to be seen by collecting and recording(as applicable):
– Height and weight
-Chief complaint and history
- Triage patients according to approved protocols and consistent with ProHealth’s Appointment and Scheduling Guidelines. Answer and document patient phone calls; take complete messages and route to providers as needed using the EHR.
- Provide and document patient care such as giving injections and performing preventive screenings.
- Educate patients regarding their illness or injury and provide instruction regarding self-management of their condition.
- Carry out standing orders (i.e., authorizing prescription refills and ordering tests) consistent with ProHealth’s policies and procedures.
- Schedule tests, treatments and follow up visits on behalf of patients. Assist patients with identifying suitable outside resources for disease management and other services; refer patients when appropriate.
- As appropriate, conduct outreach to patients in need of appointments or other services, to communicate test results and other information, and to follow up after appointments to be sure patients are following their plan of care.
- Monitor task list in order to respond to tasks in a timely manner, follow up on overdue orders and monitor status of critical referrals.
- Prepare and maintain equipment.
- Maintain knowledge of current coding, OSHA and CLIA regulations and ProHealth policies.
- Assist care team to assure smooth office operation and delivery of excellent service through teamwork.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Professional education for nursing and Connecticut RN licensure, BSN is preferred. Alternatively, completion of the licensed practical nursing educational program and Connecticut LPN licensure.
- Requires knowledge of the pediatrics specialty
- Some nursing experience is preferred. Basic computer knowledge and aptitude required; experience working on an electronic health record preferred.
Careers with ProHealth Physicians: PHP is Connecticut’s leading primary care physician organization. Our family of primary care doctors and specialists care for more than 360,000 people statewide. We are privileged to be trusted by our patients with their health and wellbeing. We’ve joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to improve the lives of all those we serve. We dedicate ourselves to outstanding care and excellent service. We support research and education that improves the health of our patients. We are open to new ideas, and we are committed to improving our skills and knowledge
To be considered for this position, applicants need to meet the qualifications listed in this posting.
ProHealth Physicians is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: ProHealth Physicians is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, please email resume to email@example.com.