Reporting to the Director of Patient Safety and Clinical Operations, the Practice Health and Safety Clinical Specialist will work closely with the clinical staff to ensure safe patient care is delivered. The Practice Health and Safety Clinical Specialist will ensure compliance with organizational, state and federal regulations. Additional responsibilities will include new hire training and annual staff competency review of clinical skills.
Essential Job Functions
• Maintains up-to-date working knowledge of organization and national standards and guidelines related to clinical compliance, patient safety, infection control / prevention, and CLIA waived testing and ensures compliance at the practice sites.
• Schedule periodic site visits to provide supervision, clinical expertise, ensure communication, and monitor the clinical aspects of the practice site.
• Participate in Practice Health and Safety Assessments.
• Assist in development of corrective action plans to minimize liability and risks as a result of the Practice Health and Safety Assessments.
• Collaborate with Director of Patient Safety and Clinical Operations to analyze trends in Assessment reports and identify opportunities for improvement and / or education.
• Provide orientation and clinical training to all clinical staff.
• Evaluate and document performance and competency of clinical staff, including sterilization, vital signs, medication administration and CLIA waived testing.
• Assist with implementation of clinical policies and procedures, as well as new regulatory directives.
• Provide education and training support to practice sites for internal and external regulatory and quality assessments.
• Maintains positive and supportive relationships with practice managers, providers and clinical staff.
• Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Education, Experience & Skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
• Registered Nurse with current CT licensure
• Five or more years of health delivery or service operations experience
• Excellent communication skills with management, physicians, patients and staff required.
• Knowledge of Federal and State laws and regulations relating to clinical operations.
• Ability to work independently, with strong time management skills
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrated leadership ability