Independent practices routinely join ProHealth on an on-going basis. To learn more about us and whether merging your practice into ProHealth is the right decision for you, please contact us to schedule a confidential discussion.
As a physician-led organization, we offer a unique opportunity to participate in shaping the future of healthcare in our state. Our model prioritizes the voice of the physician, which many clinicians find is a preferred alternative to non-physician owned systems or struggling to remain independent.
Since its formation in June of 1997, ProHealth Physicians has been guided by a philosophical and organizational commitment to improving the quality of care, lowering the total cost of healthcare, and increasing access to medical care for our patients. This orientation has been reflected in some of our milestone achievements over the last eighteen years of operations including:
- Creation and implementation of disease registries for improved management of chronic disease patients and increased levels of wellness and preventive care
- Pioneering successful Pay for Performance contracts based on achieving defined quality and cost measures
- Early adoption and group-wide implementation of Electronic Medical Records
- Attainment of HITECH Meaningful Use payments
- Development of Express Care centers to increase patient access
- Achievement of NCQA Level III Recognition as a Patient-Centered Medical Home for over 90 practice locations
- CMS approval of ProHealth Physicians Accountable Care Organization (ACO) covering over 30,000 Medicare patients associated with our community-based primary care providers
- Successful negotiation of shared savings contracts
- Development of a risk-bearing statewide IPA
If you share our vision of providing high quality, cost-effective care that is enhanced by access and superior service, we hope you will consider ProHealth Physicians.
Additional resources and information
- Introduction to ProHealth Physicians
- Our Culture and Leadership
- Why Consider ProHealth
- What We Offer
- Practice Opportunity Analysis Description