Roles & Leadership Council
The roles of The Connecticut Choosing Wisely® Collaborative (CCWC) include:
- Raise awareness in Connecticut about Choosing Wisely® among patients and consumer groups, employers and payers, providers and health systems, government officials and policy makers.
- Be a catalyst to accelerate the adoption of Choosing Wisely® by sponsoring programs and facilitating and advocating for public and private initiatives. These initiatives address patient-provider communication about the most effective use of tests and procedures and recommended guidelines for appropriate treatment.
- Create avenues for local programs to access both national and local Choosing Wisely® resources
- Facilitate continuous learning and improvement in the implementation of Choosing Wisely® in Connecticut.
The following organizations are members of the CCWC’s Leadership Council:
- Access Health CT
- Community Health Center Association of CT
- Connecticut Center for Primary Care
- CT Business Group on Health
- CT Health Foundation
- Donaghue Foundation
- National Physicians Alliance – CT Chapter
- Office of the Healthcare Advocate
- Office of the Comptroller
- Universal Health Care Foundation of CT