Your Initial Evaluation
From the initial evaluation through recovery, each patient has a licensed physical therapist and a physician who share a common desire: to restore daily comfort and function to the patient. The therapist will review the patient’s past history and the physician’s referral, perform a comprehensive evaluation and develop an individualized treatment program with the patient. This ensures that the patient’s goals and needs are established and met. The initial evaluation as well as all subsequent visits will take place in one of our state-of-the-art facilities. Our facilities allow the therapists and patients the privacy necessary to focus on the hands-on quality care that all patients deserve.
The Next Step
Once the initial evaluation is completed, the physical therapist can determine the frequency and duration of your therapy sessions. Before leaving, you may schedule ahead for any subsequent visits needed. A normal course of treatment typically requires between eight and twelve visits.
Prepare for Your Visit
- Plan to arrive early enough to complete registration forms for you or your child. Or visit our Patient Forms & Resources page to print and complete forms ahead of time.
- Please bring your physical therapy referral form and insurance card.
- We recommend comfortable clothing such as shorts or sweat pants, t-shirts, and sneakers.
- Remember that your commitment to therapy, both in the clinic and at home, is crucial to your recovery.
Our Program Goals
- Relieve pain and discomfort through hands-on manual treatment and modalities.
- Facilitate return to function through stretching, therapeutic exercise, strengthening, patient education, and home exercise programs.
- Develop the patient’s understanding of his or her condition through education and prevention programs.
- Maximize benefits of therapy by encouraging patient ownership and compliance with home exercise programs.