These links are as reliable sources of medical information for you and your child.
- American Academy of Pediatrics—A comprehensive resource on children’s health, featuring the latest information on immunizations, child development, and current topics. It also features a site-wide search.
- American Medical Association—Not just for doctors—this site provides reliable patient information.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention—The Federal Government site for information on health and safety for all stages of life. Please note that this site is available in most spoken languages in the US: French, Spanish and Chinese, among others.
- KidsHealth for Parents—A topic-oriented site dedicated to kids, with sections for parents and teenagers. The site prides itself on not using “doctor-speak” and having comprehensive medical information and tools.
Education & Literacy
- Reach Out and Read—Our practice participates in this program that promotes early literacy by giving new books to children 6 months to 5 years during physical exams. Providers advise parents about the importance of reading aloud. The ROR program provides the tools to help promote children’s developmental skills and later school success.
- US Department of Education—Parent Resources—Features a wide variety of topics from preparation for school to preparing children for college.
Vaccines & Immunizations
- Centers for Disease Control—Vaccines & Immunizations
- Institute for Vaccine Safety—Independent assessment of vaccines and vaccine safety from Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
Información de Salud en Español