Homemade apple granola recipe
- 2½ cups rolled oats
- 1 cup Grape-Nuts
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- ½ cup nonfat dry milk (cow or soy)
- 3 tsp. cinnamon
- 4 medium apples, grated
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 2–3 tbsp. unsweetened pomegranate or apple juice
- 1½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 275°.
- Combine all ingredients together and mix well. Spray large rimmed cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Spread granola mixture evenly on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 275° for 45–60 minutes or until dry. Turn granola and break up larger pieces about halfway through cooking time.
- Eat warm over Greek yogurt or with milk. Once cooled, store in refrigerator in Tupperware or plastic bag.