Frozen fruit smoothies
- 1 cup frozen fruit (banana, berries, melon, grapes, peaches)
- 1 cup milk (skim; or try unsweetened almond, soy or rice milk)
- ½ cup unsweetened Greek yogurt
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon or vanilla extract (optional)
- Choose the fruit you want to use.
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until well combined.
Makes 2 servings.
Look for frozen fruit in the freezer section of your grocery store. Also, freeze fresh fruit at its peak right at home. Bananas are a great and easy fruit to freeze all year round. Simply peel and chop and place in a Tupperware or freezer bag and use when needed. Always wash fruit such as grapes or peaches prior to freezing.