Healthy quesadilla recipe
This is an easy dish for pre-teens and teens to make themselves.
- 4 whole-wheat tortillas
- 1 cup low-fat cheese
- 1 cup of a mixture of any of the following: black beans, cooked turkey bacon, finely chopped tomatoes, olives, scallions, cilantro, zucchini, sweet potato or lettuce greens
- Plain Greek yogurt, salsa or guacamole for garnish
- Put one tortilla on a large plate and sprinkle ¼ cup of cheese on one side of the tortilla. Top with ¼ cup of toppings, then fold tortilla in half.
- Lightly coat a skillet with low-fat cooking spray, place on stove and turn heat to medium.
- Add the tortilla to the hot skillet and cook until the bottom is lightly browned and cheese is gooey, about 2 minutes. Using spatula, turn the tortilla over and cook another 2 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas.
Garnish with plain Greek yogurt, salsa or guacamole and serve right away.