Pumpkin oatmeal recipe
Makes 3–4 servings
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup canned plain, unsweetened pumpkin
- 1 cup skim milk (or unsweetened soy, almond or rice milk)
- ½ tbsp. cinnamon
- 3 tbsp. Truvia® or calorie-free sweetener (if desired)
- 3 tbsp. chopped, toasted pecans
- 9 dates, chopped
- 3 tbsp. light cream (if desired)
This dish can be made in a microwave or on a stovetop.
- Combine the oats, pumpkin, milk, cinnamon and sweetener in a microwave-safe dish or sauce pan. Heat in microwave until hot, about 1–2 minutes.
- Combine the oats, pumpkin, milk, cinnamon and sweetener in a saucepan. Cook about 5–10 minutes over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Before serving, top with chopped nuts and dates. Add cream (1 tbsp. per serving) if using.