Sweet potato, spring onion and millet fritters
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cooked and pureed
- 2 cups cooked millet (cook according to package directions; it takes about 20 minutes)
- 2 spring onions, white and light green parts, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup whole wheat panko or bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. grated ginger
- 1 good pinch smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ cup crème fraîche
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- In a medium-sized bowl, place all ingredients (except crème fraîche) and mix well.
- Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
- Form the mixture into small patties and place on the cookie sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Rotate the pan halfway through the cooking time.
- Dollop each fritter with a teaspoon of crème fraîche, and enjoy.