Vegetarian-style buffalo “chicken” recipe
- 1 head cauliflower, washed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup fat-free or low-fat buttermilk
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
- Salad dressing of your choice
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Whisk the buttermilk, wheat flour and garlic salt together in a large bowl until mostly smooth (it’s okay if there are a few lumps).
- Add the cauliflower to the bowl and stir gently to cover it with the buttermilk mixture.
- Place the cauliflower in a shallow baking dish and bake for about 15–18 minutes. Check it regularly because it may brown quickly.
- Remove the dish from the oven and pour the buffalo sauce over the cauliflower, stirring gently to coat it as best you can.
- Return the dish to the oven and bake for 5–8 minutes or so.
Cool slightly and serve with the dressing of your choice, including blue cheese or ranch.