Primary Care Coalition of Connecticut
The Primary Care Coalition of Connecticut is a group of health care professionals from across Connecticut who have united to help build and promote a more effective system of primary health care for our state. We believe that primary care must play a central role in a redesigned health care system that meets the needs of the people of Connecticut. We come from diverse backgrounds, including physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, public health workers, community health centers, government health programs, education professionals, home health professionals, quality improvement organizations, and private medical practices.
Upcoming Primary Care Coalition Meeting
Topic: The Evolving Role of Pharmacists in Primary Care
Location: ProHealth Physicians, Central Office | 3 Farm Glen Boulevard | Farmington, CT
Interested in attending? Contact us to RSVP!
We welcome the opportunity to serve as a resource to your office as you consider healthcare reform options for Connecticut.
Today, health care reform challenges us at the state and national level. As we debate the outline and next steps in this reform effort, we believe that these central principles are critical to success:
- Everyone should have access to affordable, high quality health care.
- Primary care must play a central role in an effective and affordable health care system.
- Access to primary health care is essential in building a system that not only treats disease, but prevents illness and enhances our quality of life.
- Primary care can significantly reduce the cost of care through prevention, early detection, optimal intervention, and efficient coordination of care.
- Every person should have a primary care clinician to provide basic, coordinated care, as in the patient-centered medical home.
This is our vision statement as a coalition for change and transformation:
Our current health care system is expensive, fragmented, and lacks universal access, while producing inconsistent outcomes. Much work will be needed from all stakeholders to move to a better system that includes everyone. Changes in workforce policy, financial incentives, and investment priorities will be essential to achieving this goal. To support this process of change, The Primary Care Coalition of Connecticut serves as an advocate to the public, as a resource to policy makers in the legislature and payer community, as a clearing house for ideas, and as a focal point for activity to improve our existing primary care base. The members of the Coalition are committed to this purpose and seek others to join us in our effort and collaborate to improve the health of the people of our state.
Primary Care Coalition Members