When you’re in the hospital or nursing home, the staff is focused on your medical care. But when you go home, you and your caregivers are in charge. That means it’s all the more important to have good information and support.
The right support helps you heal
Studies show that when the shift from hospital to home is handled well, it can help improve recovery. It can also lower the chances of being readmitted to the hospital. That’s where our care management team comes in.
Within two business days after you go home, a care management nurse will call you to:
- Make sure that you and your caregiver understand your medical needs.
- Confirm that your home is safe. This includes having needed home care services and support from caregivers.
- Review medications to make sure there are no duplications or harmful side effects.
- Make sure you know what “red flags” to watch for, and when to contact your doctor.
- Talk about follow-up care. It’s an important step on the road to recovery.
If you need more support, you can choose to take part in our care management program. A dedicated nurse will work with you until your health care needs are met.