Pineapple coconut cake fruit and nut bars
This is a homemade version of a LÄRABAR®.
- 1½ cups raw cashews
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup unsweetened dried pineapple
- 8 Medjool dates
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- In a food processor, grind up the cashews for a minute. Then add in the rest of the ingredients and mix until a dough forms.
- Line an 8"x8" glass baking dish with parchment paper. Press dough into the baking dish. The dough will be thick and sticky, and sometimes wetting a spatula helps. If you prefer, you can roll these into bite-sized balls and place on a lined baking sheet.
- Once the dough is in the baking dish, transfer it to the fridge to set. It should not take long at all.
- Once the bars are firm, use a pizza cutter to cut into bars. Keep these bars stored in the fridge. They should last several weeks that way. You can also freeze them for much longer.