Raw chocolate brownies with frosting
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup dates
- 5 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp. shredded unsweetened coconut
- 4 packets Truvia®
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 1 tbsp. water
- Place pecans alone in your food processor and process until the pecans become small and crumbly.
- Add dates to the pecans and process again until the mixture sticks together and the dates are well processed.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and process again until the mixture turns a dark chocolatey brown.
- Drizzle in a little water and process. Check with your fingers, can you press the mixture to hold together in the bowl? If yes, you are done. If not, add a little more water and process again.
- Dump the mixture into a parchment-lined brownie dish or small cake pan and press down firmly with clean hands.
- Refrigerate this raw brownie recipe for a couple of hours.
Raw chocolate frosting
- 1 cup dates
- ¼ cup raw cacao (cocoa) powder
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¾ cup water (or a tiny bit more if needed, but try to stick to this amount)
- Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender. If possible, let them sit in there for a few minutes to soften the dates a little bit.
- Blend all ingredients in your high-speed blender.
- Keep blending for a very long time to get a velvety consistency. This is one of those recipes that really makes use of the power of a high-speed blender. If you feel that the blades are just spinning but aren't actually moving all of the icing around, turn the blender off. Then make an air pocket down the side of the blender with a spatula to expose the blades. Remove the spatula, replace the lid, and start blending slowly again.
- You'll know it's ready if there are no bits of dates and all you can taste is velvety chocolate goodness.