Since ProHealth Physicians began in 1997, we’ve been guided by a deep commitment to our patients and patient-centered care. And our goals are clear. We seek to improve the quality of care, increase access to care and lower the total cost.
Over the years, we’ve made significant strides in meeting our goals. Accomplishments include:
- Recognized as an NCQA Level III Patient-Centered Medical Home
- Approved as an accountable care organization for Medicare patients
- Attained HITECH meaningful use payments
- Created disease registries to improve the management of patients with chronic diseases
- Developed pay-for-performance contracts based on quality and cost-effective care
- Early adopter of electronic medical records
- Established Express Care centers
We’re committed to influencing the direction of health care by being at the forefront of change. Key strategies include:
- Promoting continuous performance improvement in all clinical and business processes
- Developing resources that allow physicians to better manage and coordinate patient care
- Building relationships with specialists to improve access and quality and to decrease costs
- Implementing practice performance initiatives to increase efficiency and effectiveness
ProHealth is the leading primary group network in Connecticut. We believe our first responsibility is to our patients and that everything we do must be with their health and well-being in mind.
Also, as an organization that’s led by doctors and advanced practice clinicians, we offer a unique opportunity to shape the future of health care in Connecticut.