Cardiology (heart care)
About the practice
ProHealth Physicians Cardiology is dedicated to providing cost-effective heart care of the highest quality. We work closely with other ProHealth providers, so you receive coordinated care. Our goal is to offer the right care in the right place at the right time.
As a ProHealth patient, you have access to cardiology care right in our local Middletown office.
Scope of care
We care for patients ages 18 and older. Services include:
- EKG (measures the heart’s electrical activity)
- Echocardiogram (shows how the heart is beating and pumping blood)
- Treadmill stress testing
- Remote and event monitoring (records the heart's activity using small, wearable devices)
- Ultrasounds that test for blood flow or blockages in the:
- Arteries in the neck and stomach
- Arms and legs
- Blood pressure check of arms and legs
Reasons to see a cardiologist
Cardiologists identify, care for and help prevent heart disease through screenings and checkups. You can also see a cardiologist to find out if you’re at risk for problems and what steps you can take for better heart health.
For example, some factors could increase your chances of having heart problems. These include diabetes, a family history of heart disease, smoking (past or present) or starting a new exercise program.
If you're experiencing chest pain, shortness of breath or any other life-threatening symptoms, call 911 or go to your nearest emergency room.